8th International Artist’s Book Triennial Vilnius 2018

8th-Artists-Book-Triennial-Memento-Mori-18th Artist’s Book Triennial Vilnius 2018

Theme: “Memento Mori

& Solo Exhibition of Hanne Stochholm (Denmark)

Summary of the Project:

The “8th International Artist’s Books Triennial Vilnius 2018” is a unique non-commercial cultural project, organised to promote artist’s books, creators of artist’s books from all over the world, and to connect galleries, publishers, editors and printers of fine art & limited editions, the greater general public, collectors and individual artists.

It is an educational art project involving world-renowned artists to familiarise art teachers, students and general public with the interdisciplinary arts with the stunning variety of artistic disciplines in an artist’s book – and especially to stimulate creativity and love for books.

With the world-wide support of fine artists we continue our Project of the Artist’s Books Triennial Vilnius on the very best artistic level:
Great Artists making a Great Exhibition!
Thank you.

The “International Artist’s Books Triennial Vilnius” is organised periodically since 1997. Over this period 1610 artists from 93 countries have submitted more than 3000 artist’s books. An international jury has chosen the best 838 submissions from 65 countries to be displayed during successive exhibitions. The Artist’s Books Triennials Vilnius is a travelling event showing in Vilnius (Lithuania), Leipzig, Frankfurt, Hamburg and Rheine (Germany), Lille (France), Silkeborg (Denmark), Venice and Vercelli (Italy), Seoul (South Korea), Halmstad (Sweden) and Salzburg (Austria).

Artists-Book-History-Logo-2

History of the Triennials

Time & Location:
2018 March 22–25, Leipzig Book Fair, Germany;
2018 June – “The Martynas Mazvydas National Library of Lithuania”, Vilnius;
2019 Spring  – “Scuola Internazionale di Grafica”, Venice, Italy;
2019 USA;
All information will be in the website.

Deadline: 15th of November, 2017. Original artist’s book, the Entry Form, CV and the Entry Fee must be sent till the 15th of November 2017.

Application: Each artist may submit only one artist’s book.

Please, download the Entry Form:

8th_Artists-Book-Triennial-Logo_Entry-Form-3

International Jury will select artist’s books for the “8th Artist’s Book Triennial Vilnius 2018″.

Entry Fee. In this critical economic situation, when the culture projects in Lithuania are supported very little we have to ask for the entry fee to cover 10 percent of the project expenses, for getting some support for realisation the ambitious international educational project in Lithuania, Germany, Italy, USA and Japan. Thank you for understanding.

Main Prize – The Solo Artist’s Books Exhibition in Vilnius in 2021 together with the “9th International Artist’s Book Triennial Vilnius 2021″.

Catalogue: The organisers will publish the catalogue. As usually it will be printed in typography and bounded by hands like an artist’s book. Each artist (selected or not selected for the exhibition) will get the catalogue for free. Normally it cost 25 Euro.

Organiser of the Triennial: Circle “Bokartas”

Curator: Kestutis Vasiliunas

In Cooperation with:
Vilnius Academy of Arts, Graphic Art Department, Vilnius, Lithuania;
Gallery “Globus”, Leipzig, Germany;
Scuola Internazionale di Grafica, Venezia, Italy;

Shipping: Artist’s book, Entry Form and Entry Fee must be sent till the 15th of November 2017. Please write “No Commercial Value”. Please declare the value for the customs no more 20 USD or 20 Euro.

Address: Works must be sent to:
8th Artist’s Book Triennial Vilnius 2018
Kestutis Vasiliunas
Filaretu 9 – 5
Vilnius 01207
Lithuania

18 Responses to 8th International Artist’s Book Triennial Vilnius 2018

1. Jenna Stevenson says:

Hello, my name is Jenna Stevenson and I am a book artist from Northern Ireland. I am wanting to apply to your next book triennial and I was wondering what is the application process and deadlines?

Many thanks!

Jenna

2. Elsi Vassdal Ellis says:

Please inform me when the information for submitting work for the 8th International Artist’s Book Triennial Vilnius 2018 is available. It has been several years since I last did a book for the exhibition.

3. Book artist says:

Dear Mr. Kestutis Vasiliunas: I’m also been following your page and I’m interested in the application guidelines for the next Triennial: “Memento Mori”. Please email me the information.

• Dear Book Artist,
      thank you for your interest in the “8th Artist’s Book Triennial Vilnius 2018”. When we will prepare the Entry Form I inform you.
      Sincerely,
      Kestutis Vasiliunas
      curator of the Triennial

4. Paul Coldwell says:

please would you send me details of the 8th International Artist’s Book Triennial Vilnius 2018 when available.

• Dear Paul Coldwell,
      thank you for your interest in the “8th International Artist’s Book Triennial Vilnius 2018”.
      When we will make the Entry Form we send it to you with all information,
      Sincerely,
      Kestutis Vasiliunas
      curator

5. Eliana Bürgin says:

Dear Mr Kestutis Vasiliunas
    I follow your exiting content on your website for some time. I would like to apply to the 8th International Artist’s Book Triennial Vilnius 2018! Hopefully it is not to late. So, I would be pleased to receive the entry form.
    You may remember, we met once when you visited Basel in 2013 at the ‘Maison44′ for the exhibition’ My Word – My Dress’, Forum Künstlerbuch.
    Thank you and best regards.
    Eliana

• Dear Eliana,
      thank you for your interest in the 8th International Artist’s Book Triennial Vilnius 2018. No, it is not too later. Only till the New Year will will announce the Entry Form and will send it to all our artists. All information are and will be public. I remembering beautiful town Basel with love. And I remembering your very good artist’s book exhibition in the “Maison 44”.
      I will inform you.
      Sincerely,
      Kestutis Vasiliunas

6. Mj Viano Crowe says:

Hello Kestitus,
    I participated in several past exhibits (House Rabbit for example), but not for quite a few years. Retired now from Stonehill College, but not from art making. Please notify me when the details of the 2018 show are finalized -I would love to apply! My best for the new year, Maryjean

• Dear Maryjean,
      yes, I remember your beautiful artist’s books and I want to believe you will participate in the next 8th Artist’s Book Triennial. I will inform you when we start our activity with the Triennial and when we will publish the Entry Form.
      Merry Christmas, and a Happy New Year.
      Sincerely,
      Kestutis

7. Lena says:

Dear Organizers of the Triennale,
    Please let me know when the entry form will be available.

Kind regards,

8. Ravikumar Kashi says:

Dear Kestutis,
    Please notify me when the details of the 2018 show and application form are finalized -I would love to apply!
    Lost time I missed because of misunderstanding.
    Regards
    Ravi kashi

9. Tania Stahl says:

Hello, I am a book artist from Brazil and I am wanting to apply to your next book triennial and I was wondering what is the application process and deadlines?

Many thanks!

• Dear Tania Stahl,
      thank you for your interest in the 8th International Artist’s Book Triennial Vilnius 2018. All information is in this our webpage, please, scroll it down. Soon will be the Entry Form.
      Sincerely,
      Kestutis Vasiliunas
      curator of the triennial

10. Daniela Versiani says:

Dear Kestutis Vasiliunas,
    Congratulations for your wonderful work.
    I would like to receive information about the next artists book triennal exhibition. I intend to apply.
    Daniela